Welcome to Impression Isla Mujeres by Secrets, an all-inclusive luxury, boutique resort for adults. Perched atop a breathtaking coastal cliff, Impression Isla Mujeres by Secrets is for the couples who want to get away and relax to a tropical oasis.
Soak Up the Sun
Spend the day pool hopping, this resort has several different opportunities to relax by the pool with a cocktail in hand. Sharky’s was our favorite day time pool due to the swim up bar and excellent service from the wait staff. We ventured up to the rooftop bar during the evening to watch the sunset and have pre-dinner appetizers.
Relax – Refresh – Reset
Pure Spa is a haven for rejuvenating body and facial treatments, soothing hydrotherapy, relaxing massages and pampering salons. We highly recommend the couples massage! Arrive an hour early to your spa appointment to participate in the hydrotherapy circuit.
Indulge In Culinary Art
There are 6 restaurants at this resort with several bars spread throughout the property. Our favorite restaurant was Spezia, with a Italian/Mediterranean inspired menu. Our favorite selections from the menu were the Pomodoro pasta dish and the Salted Fish. For breakfast you have the option of room service or visiting the La Vista restaurant. Our favorite dishes for breakfast were the French Toast, Pancakes, Chicken Chilaquiles Verde and the selection of fresh fruit.
Explore and Immerse Yourself
Rent a golf cart for the day and explore the island, this was one of the best days we had during our trip. Here is a brief itinerary of our day:
- The Cliffs at Punta Sur – Breathtaking views of the cliffs and water. We were able to learn about the history of the island here. Punta Sur is located at the southern tip of Isla Mujeres, roughly 60 feet above sea level, where the rising sun first touches Mexican soil. Its rocky cliffs, the waves crashing on the shore and the multitude of blues of the Caribbean Sea make up some of the most spectacular scenery on the island.
- Shopping Local – Our favorite was the Women’s Beading Cooperative. The jewelry sold at this little shop is handmade by local women on the island. 80% of every purchase goes to the 1 woman who made the item, with the other 20% going towards buying more supplies. Women of the island rely on their income to feed their families so every little bit helps!
- Local Bar Stop – We visited The Soggy Peso, a fun island bar that has the best margarita of your life! They feature appetizers that change daily. We highly recommend the handmade onion rings and fish tacos!
- Cemetery Visit – While some may think this stop is on the creepy side, it was extremely fascinating to pay our respects at the island’s cemetery. There is nothing more colorful than a Mexican cemetery with brightly painted statues and an array of flowers decorating the graves. Some of the graves are in disrepair but most show signs of love and care as well as the wear and tear of the salt air.
- The Caribbean Cliffs – The road along the east side of the island is beautiful with its rocky shoreline. While here you will see packs of Iguanas of all sizes. This is your friendly reminder that these are wild creatures, we were quickly charged by a few.
- Swim at North Beach – Playa Norte (North Beach) is considered one of the best beaches in the Caribbean and it deserves the honor. The soft white sand, palm trees and water so blue the sky looks pale, make it the perfect place to relax with a mango lollipop.
- Rainbow Stairs – A can’t-miss stop on the way to Punta Sur where hundreds of tourists stop each year for the perfect photo. The oversized rainbow staircase is a one-of-a-kind site where you can take a instagram worthy photo with a pop of color. Located at the intersection of C. Mojarra and C. Pampano.
- Street Shopping – Miguel Hidalgo Avenue, Isla Mujeres is a road located in the center of Isla Mujeres, so it is considered the heart of the island. This street is closed off from traffic so it’s the perfect place to walk. From here you can walk the streets, exploring the little shops and street vendors.
While this resort may not be for those who want the active night life and club scene, this resort offers activities that are fun and relaxing. The Entertainment staff made was made up of an energetic and creative group. Gigi is the activities director and we absolutely adored her! We participated in the painting class, early morning yoga session with a sound bath, New Moon Ceremony and Mixology Class (The Husbands’ favorite activity).
Visit the Isola bar before dinner and have a cocktail. Alejandro is the bar’s best mixologist, he can craft almost any cocktail that you want. Our favorites were…the Cadillac Margarita rimmed in Tajin, a blackberry Mojito and a good ole’ fashioned Paloma.
Your Private Oasis
We stayed in the Signature Junior Suite King Ocean Front with the Hot Tub. This room was spacious, beautifully decorated and gave us stellar views of the turquoise water. The shower was extra roomy, with two rain shower heads and bench seat. All rooms come with your very own set of butlers, one for the morning and one for the evening.
Weather permitting, you will set sail on a private catamaran sail boat to go home. Your butlers will bid you goodbye from the dock after you board the boat.